Infections - I have an infection on my gum from cavity what can I use? would naproxin help?

Rajive Goel 9 Dec 2011

Naproxen is in a class of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is used to reduce pain, inflammation, and stiffness caused by many conditions, including injury, arthritis, gout, and menstrual cramps, as well as other types of bone, muscle, or tendon pain. It is also combined with other medications in several cold, allergy, and flu products.

In cases of infection on gums from cavities usual prescription is Doxycycline, please talk to your dentist before you either take an antibiotic or Naproxen.

Take care, best wishes!

meyati 9 Dec 2011

If you don't get a proper antibiotic, the infection can permently damage your kidneys or heart. There is more than one person under the age of 35 that's on the recipient list because of tooth and gum infections.
get your self into a dentist or ER.