I am a 27-year-old female, and I have been prescribed Adderall IR for a year now. I started off at 10mg, 2x a day. However, this dose had no effect on me. I had no negative side effects, I had no positive side effects. However, my psychiatrist increased my dosage to 20mg 2x/day. For the first few weeks, I felt great! Great - as in, how I you are supposed to feel when a medication is helping you with your condition(s).

However, I am assuming due to my body "getting used" to that level of medication, I started to feel more-or-less like I had prior to increasing the dosage. I have read the max. dosage for adults is 120mg/day. However, I never want to take that much of a medication that affects your CNS. Instead, do you think it would be a good idea for my psych to prescribe the same amount, but include perhaps 30 10mg Adderall IR? I am not comfortable taking the XR, as I am unable to swallow pills (mentally and physically). Thus, I could take an extra 10mg on days that it is not working as well as it should, but not run out early?

I intend on reaching out to my psychiatrist soon, but I would like some other opinions, first. Thank you!