My implanon expired a week ago & my period is really really heavy. Is that normal ?

LousArk 7 Mar 2015

Yes, your body can take time to rebalance your hormones, now that you're not putting that extra dose into it. It can take months to come back to normal, but some people take less time.
As long as you're not taking any other hormonal form of birth control, you could try using Agnus Castus. I use the A. Vogel brand. It's a herbal tincture that you can use to re-balance your hormones naturally. It worked for me when other medical methods hadn't. You put 15 drops into a little water, twice daily. It doesn't taste too good but it sorted my periods back into a regular cycle within a month or so.
You can't take it with hormonal types of birth control, because it would defeat the object & could interfere, so it's ok if you're using condoms or a non-hormonal type of coil, for example.

kaismama 7 Mar 2015

Yes it can do that when you no longer have the hormones in your body. If it gets very heavy see a dr.