Im on subxone and looking for an antidepressant that dose not interact with subxone?

Robert_325 6 Feb 2010

If you're not already taking an antidepressant it usually is not necessary to do so because of the subs. Most people do very well without any kind of antidepressant on subs, especially if you aren't tapering down at the end of your therapy and at a very low dose.

There are lots of meds that don't adversely interact with the subs but I don't suggest that you start on one just because you've started taking subs. If you're new to them give your body a chance to become acclimated to the subs. Hope that helps.

mitjason 6 Feb 2010

I personally wouldn't use Suboxone for depression that is diagnosed by your doctor because Suboxone is not an antidepressant and is not FDA approved to treat depression in any way. If you do in fact have depression I would recommend any Antidepressant. Most of them can interact with Suboxone but this is rare and you should just take note of this. I personally took Effexor XR while on Suboxone and it worked great! I would research antidepressants on the web and see which one you think will work the best for you personally. Your doctor can also help you decide the right antidepressant that would most likely work for you. Remember Antidepressants are trial and error so you many need to take a few before you find the right one that works for you. Take each for at least a minimum of 3 months before switching or otherwise directed by your doctor. I hope this helps and I hope you get the treatment that someone with depression deserves to have! Good luck to you!

Anonymous 7 Feb 2010

My suboxone doctor prescribed generic prozac for me and I was already on a small dose of generic elavil as well and both are antidepressants. Hope this helps.