Im on suboxone,have tooth ache ,what pain medicine can I take ?

cowildflower 25 Jul 2010

Wow-really good question! Have you gone to the suboxone website to look for any answers? If it is subutex you could take whatever (I believe; as it doesn't contain the naloxene in it) but suboxone does. The information leaflet says this "In a situation requiring opiod analgesia, the doese of opioid required may be greater than usual. A rapidly acting opioid analgesic, which minimizes the duration of respiratory depression, should be used. The doese of opiod medication should be titrated against the patient's analgesic and physiological response, with close monitoring by trained staff." Not very specific information is it? Maybe their sponsored website www.heretohelpprogram.com could help. the phone number is 866.973.4373 but I don't know if someone is available on Sundays. Best of luck to you. hang in there!