i really feel like the other muscle relaxer was better. i truly believe this muscle relaxer is what makes me feel soooo tired. should i try to switch back? 800 mg's sounds like alot to me. i feel like im in a coma half the time!
Im on skelaxin 800mg... is that alot?
- 12 Aug 2010 by melissab(twilightfan85)
- 12 August 2010
There is only one standard recommended dose for Skelaxin (metaxalone), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Recommended Skelaxin Dosing
The recommended starting Skelaxin dose for adults and children age 12 and older is one tablet (800 mg), taken three or four times daily.
Some considerations for people taking Skelaxin include the following:
* You can take the medication with or without food, although taking it with food increases the levels of medication in the blood, which may increase the risk of Skelaxin side effects.
The felling of tiredness is due to the side effects, please do not adjust doses unless you have spoken to the doctor, be well & safe!
- Skelaxin Information for Consumers
- Skelaxin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Skelaxin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 17 Apr 2011 • 2 answers
Updated 6 Jun 2011 • 2 answers
Updated 18 Jun 2011 • 1 answer
Updated 12 Oct 2012 • 2 answers
Updated 25 Jun 2013 • 2 answers