Im on cymbalta 30mg for a month Im planing to get pregnant what are my chances?

Anonymous 11 Jan 2012

Hello PETRONILA. Your chances are good, if not great. No reason why you can not conceive a new born. Its not advised to take the drug within the last trimester, for it will most probably cause harm to the fetus. Best of wishes and good health to you and hopefully the new addition to the family.pledge

Hagars 5 Apr 2013

I got pregnant while on 30mg cymbalta but then had to withdraw from it abruptly per dr. orders and the withdrawal plus pregnancy symptoms were horrible. extreme nausea, dizziness and "brain zaps." I would recommend withdrawing before you get pregnant.

lady2882 5 Apr 2013

I agree with Hagars. You do not want to be taking this drug while pregnant and you really do not want to have to stop taking it while pregnant.
I took cymbalta for 5 weeks and then had to discontinue due to side effects. It took me 4 1/2 weeks to taper off and still developed what is call Discontinuation Syndrome. Most doctors are not aware of the problems people are having when getting off this drug as Eli Lilly has not developed a proper protocol.
Please do some online research on cymbaltawithdrawal before you get pregnant and judge for yourself.
Take care of you