I'm leaving in less than a week, can I still use mefloquine?

Anonymous 18 Jul 2010

Mefloquine as you are aware is an antimalarial drug. The exact way that mefloquine works is unknown.

Mefloquine, you also know this, is used in the treatment and prevention of malaria.

Take mefloquine exactly as directed by your doctor., and if you are leaving soon, talk to your Doctor about if you can still take it.

Just being curious where are you travelling to?

Good luck, have a good trip and take care of yourself... from a caring individual

tripper now 18 Jul 2010

Tambopata, Peru and Machu Picchu...

Anonymous 18 Jul 2010

Man, I live in Chile, I am Chilean, one of our borders with them is through
Tagna (benn there)... do´nt go there ..it is dangerous!

Advice, be carefull with the trust issue, specially if you are from the states.

Machu Pichu you are going to love it..been there myself!

Remmember is winter down here.

Have a great time!

Anonymous 18 Jul 2010

Hey tripper now i dont see why not why wont you take your meds with you though? just wondering anyway have a safe trip.

tripper now 18 Jul 2010

I will... leaving soon, haven't been able to get a prescription yet.

Anonymous 18 Jul 2010

I don't know where your going and for what?
Here is your drug;
Mefloquine is an orally administered antimalarial drug used as a prophylaxis against and treatment for malaria. It also goes by the trade name LariamTM (manufactured by Roche Pharmaceuticals) and chemical name mefloquine hydrochloride (forumulated with HCl). Mefloquine was developed in the 1970s at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in the U.S. as a chemical synthetic similar to quinine
Advice to travelers
Mefloquine is one of the antimalarial drugs which the August 2005 issue of the CDC Travel Health Yellow Sheet advises travelers in areas with malaria risk — Africa, South America, the Indian subcontinent, Asia, and the South Pacific — to take