Im a 41 year old male and have just started 20 mg celexa. Is it more beneficial AM or PM?

Rajive Goel 6 Sep 2011

Some general considerations for when and how to take Celexa:

If it makes you drowsy, try taking it before bedtime. If it causes insomnia for you, try taking it in the morning.

It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.

Take care, best wishes!

dchb4cats 12 Sep 2011

I have found taking celexa in the evening works best, avoiding daytime drowsiness and any appetite increase.

Anonymous 6 Sep 2011

Hello jabbo6. I was on celexa for some time. (No longer). When I was on it, I took in in the morning, upon waking up. I took it to help curb my anxiety. I stopped taking it, as it was making me very tired. I couldn't take it at bedtime because of other medication that I was on. As Rajive suggested, once taking it, stick to that particular time, so the celexa will work itself on a constant basis in your system. Hope the celexa works and that you're feeling better.best wishes to you.

sharipdx 7 Sep 2011

I take mine at night so I never forget it.

Mornings are pretty numb for me and I'm likely to forget it, like I did my shoes one day when I wore my slippers to work. If you are a "morning persom", mornings would probably be fine.