If the pain decreases should I continue with the drug?

mpvt 6 Feb 2010

Is the pain decreasing because of the drug or are you healing???
If it is the drug then keep taking it as prescribed. If you are healing then you might want to decrease the painkiller until you don't need it anymore. Hope this helps as there wasn't a lot of info to answer you with... Dave

mitjason 6 Feb 2010

It depends on the type of pain you have. If you have Chronic pain you should stay on the pain medication so that you can function without pain. If it's acute pain I would still take the medication as prescribe because it's obviously working for you. If you are planning on getting off the medication i would work closely with your doctor. If you get off and you still experience pain you can contact your doctor and he or she can prescribe you more as needed until you no longer experience the acute pain. If the pain isn't as bad as before and is bearable you should be fine without any medication. I hope this helps. Good luck to you!