If on focalin and have been misdiagnosed w/ ADHD discovered to actually suffer from asbergers?

HPoole 15 Nov 2011

Since you've now been properly diagnosed, you can be properly treated. Asperger's Syndrome is also treated with ADHD medications sometimes to help with concentration, focus, and impulsivity. It slows down the brain and racing thoughts, allowing for better comprehension and easier conversation and social ability. The medication Concerta may be more helpful than the Focalin. I've been on all the ADHD meds and most often i reccommend Concerta because it has the least side effects and is the most mild of the stimulants in comparison to Adderall, Vyvanse, dexedrine, daytrana, methylin, instant release ritalin, and focalin. Concerta is an extended-release ritalin, and it's formulated in way to slowly and continuously release all day so you only have to take it once in the morning. Let me know if I can try to help you with any other questions. PS--I've seen Strattera at high doses be VERY helpful, particularly with Asperger's. I have a couple friends who have had success on Strattera with their Asperger's.