If I'm feeling anxious, does paxil take the edge off after a while?

David-J 22 Apr 2010

I hope you get a answer soon. i'm in the same boat.

grey_cypress 22 Apr 2010

Yes it does. Paxil was the first A/D i was put on to treat my depression, i also had pretty severe anxiety and i asked my doc if it would help that too, and sure enough he said it would definitely help me.

Anonymous 23 Apr 2010

Paxil is used for:
Treating depression or obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It may be used to treat panic disorder or posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It may also be used to treat generalized anxiety disorder or social anxiety disorder. It may also be used for other

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/paxil.html#ixzz0ltHvgnm1

till33 29 Apr 2010

it usually takes a while to kick in,anywhere from three weeks to a month it usually differs cause everyone is different.but if you have only been on it for a while then talk to your dr about putting you on klonipin or something untill you get the full benifits