If I took 12.5 mg of promethazine can I also take .5 mg alprazolam?

Tee6759 18 Sep 2011

Im not a medical professional, but both have sedation effects, and I would not recommend taking them together without checking with a pharmacist or your doctor first. Promethazine or phenergan, can also enhance the sedative effect of some drugs, and could put you at risk for worse sedation that you need. Please check with the appropriate medical professionals before taking this combination!!!

peace,
Tee6759

pup6767 18 Sep 2011

Hi Bonza... 12.5 mg of promethazine is a low dose and .5mg of alprazolam is a moderate dose. Depending on your weight and your age--- I would not do this if you are not an adult or if you are significantly underweight So... taking the two would caused increased sedation as Tee said. And as Tee stated the two drugs could potentiate (increased sedative affect). If you are nauseous and need to take the promethazine you should be very careful if u take the Xanax also... don't drive or do anything that may harm yourself or others. All that Being said the two together are not going to hurt you... just stay home and don't do anything
That may hurt you or others... I hope this helps... God Bless...