If I stop using Vesicare will my urinary condition stabilize or worsen?

Rajive Goel 9 Jul 2011

Studies have shown VESIcare to be effective in relieving many of the symptoms of an overactive bladder. In clinical studies, people who took the drug significantly reduced the frequency of wetting accidents and needed to urinate less frequently. Also, people who took it were able to pass more urine each time they used the bathroom (the frequent muscle contractions of an overactive bladder usually prevent the bladder from holding a normal amount of urine).

However do double check it with a doc/pharmacist, please take care, be well.

caringsonbj 9 Jul 2011

I have read the post but along those same lines any person taking meds for a bladder that does not empty should take those medications unless they are told different by the prescribing physician, If for a reason a drug is stopped before restarting the drug (such as flomax, avodart) consult the doctor so if a dose adjustment needs to be made they are aware. I thank you for allowing me to stray from the subject but I am aware of a person who had problems and thought it would be good information (thanx Rajive for allowing me to interrupt)

Rajive Goel 9 Jul 2011

Welcome Billy, you well?

caringsonbj 9 Jul 2011

Rajive Thanks so very much for asking! I have finished having to go for IV/IM medications at the hospital, I have been started on a 14 day course of Levaquin 750mg in order to try and be as sure as possible that the bacteria has been eradicated. again I thank you, have a good day

Rajive Goel 11 Jul 2011

Billy,

Take care & be well, my wishes for you, you too have a nice day!

Rajive