If I miss monday a camila birthcontrol pill how many do I take today?

DzooBaby 15 Feb 2011

You should take a missed pill as soon as you remember then take the next pill at the regular time, so you will take two today and go back to the regular one a day dose tomorrow. According to the info on Camila you should use a back up method everytime you have sex for the next 48 hours. When I worked family planning we had girls use a back up method everytime they had sex through the rest of the pack, once they have had their period they could go back to relying on the pill as their only contraceptive. We did this to be sure they did not get pregnant. Anytime you miss a pill you increase your chances of becoming pregnant. It is important to take them every day, at the same time every day, for best protection. I always counseled that the pill doesnt protect you against STD's so you should always use a condom to protect against STD's especially if you have multiple partners.