If I have severe muscle cramps and joint pain from lovastatin, what can I do for relief?

Rajive Goel 31 Jul 2010

Lovastain: Side effects of taking this med is indeed Muscle pain, known medically as myalgia -- up to 3% people who take this.

The lovastatin side effects mentioned below also occurred in more than 1% of people and more often in the group taking lovastatin. These side effects included, but were not limited to:* General feeling of weakness, known medically as asthenia; * Muscle cramps

Also, if muscle aches, weakness, pain, or tenderness occurs (especially if you also have a fever or feel sick), it can mean there is a serious problem.

Please call you doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med either to give you a remedy or to prescribe an alternate, be well & safe, take care!

Anonymous 31 Jul 2010

I would say stop taking it sounds painful! i think you need a change in medication.