Iam currently taking Harvoni 90 mg-400mg tablets an d iam curious to Why I cannot drink alcholic?

Cureforsure15 21 Jun 2015

We have discussed this subject on this blog now many times. And... here is my opinion for what it's worth and many others who write on here! Agree with me, I might add.

YOU have Liver Disease... that is why you are on HARVONI and Alcohol hurts the liver! It's very simple really... HARVONI is going to cure your liver of this horrible disease... why oh why would YOU or ANYONE else drink any kind of alcohol while they are taking this Miraculous Medication? Let's face it... you were not suppose to be drinking any alcohol at all with HepC!!! Is it really that important to you? More important that a healthy liver? Sorry ... but this question really irritates me to no end!

conniecon69 21 Jun 2015

Agreed. ..
MY QUESTION WAS REALLY ABOUT THE CONSUMPTION OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA AND IT WOULDN'T FIT IN T H E QUESTION BOX

conniecon69 21 Jun 2015

Agreed. ..

The blessed one 23 Jun 2015

Wow I can't believe anyone would want to drink with Hep C.. That's like throwing gasoline on a fire??? Please don't waste your time on this medication if your only going to blow it anyway... Good luck on your jorney!!!

Devidasa 6 Jul 2015

I'm starting tomorrow on harvoni and dumped all alcohol today. Ten years ago I did interefron and ribavirin. For one year. Didn't work. So I guess I threw my hands up and gave in to drinking and denial. I'm praying the harvoni works and I won't be going back into denial

alex54 6 Jul 2015

We are in the same boat. I start Harvoni tomorrow and did the interferon riboviropn poison 10 years ago as well. My liver levels are just out of the normal range. I have enjoyed a glass of wine a few times a week. never more then one and my doctor said it would not hurt me, as long as I didn't drink more. which I don't and never did. was never anything but a lightweight social drinker.
each to their own. but my liver biopsy and viral load has not changed since I was diagnosed in 96. So I don't think it hurt me. while on the interferon for 9 months, I drank nothing because I was so darn nauseous. I'm terrified of side effects. I have never been the same since the interferon, body aches, chronic fatigue, bone pain. My docs never warned me of permanent side effects, hence my anticipation. will try to stay positive.
I live in Colorado where Med. MJ and recreational is legal... so I may try that.
good luck to you and let's keep in touch.

dscott46 7 Jul 2015

Alcohol and drugs are the main two contributors to hep c

buzzyrd 11 Jul 2015

I am on my third week of treatment and at my two week follow up my doctor told me drinking alcohol hardens the liver a little at a time. The Harvoni will be more effective on a liver that is not subjected to hardening agents, especially if you have cirrhosis. He said the Hep C Virus hides away in scar tissue created by cirrhosis and even after the viral load is at zero, HCV can still be tucked away in the scar tissue and this is how people can become "reinfected", or have a recurrence of the virus. So, tighten up and be strong. Drink a Coke and smoke a bowl of some good herb to fight those side effects. Leave the alcohol alone. I love beer. I'm staying away from it.