I was wondering if amantadine 50mg/5ml syrup is for adhd?

suzanne66 4 Nov 2011

Amantadine is an antiviral medication. Its main use is to treat and prevent influenza A (a viral infection). It is also used for the treatment of Parkinsonism and drug-induced extrapyramidal symptoms.

Off label it is used to treat ADHD, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer disease. "Off label" uses are not FDA approved.

litlmommag 4 Nov 2011

My dr gave me amantadine for my ms. honestly i really liked them. they didnt make me high or anything like that. but within prob 10min it did feel like i could think better,focus more,control my hands more so they didnt shake. but i reallt think it would be great for adhd. i never thought of it before now! thank you for this question cause i took my dr off aderal almost 2yrs ago cause i didnt like the side effects she had so i think ill ask her psych about the amantidine. good luck to you hope you have a great day!