I was told to take my shot then store back in refrigerator till next shot, today is my first time?

itsmetoo2 27 Oct 2009

What kind of shot are you talking about?

luv to ride 27 Oct 2009

The Levemir Flexpen, when I was given instruction from my endocrinologist they stated to store the pen in the refrigerator between shots. When I read through the brochure it sounded as if once I open the pen I could store at room temperature so was a little confused. Is it okay to keep in frig..thats what I am currently doing.

itsmetoo2 28 Oct 2009

OK what I am seeing below: The vial contains the medicine in it.
The cartridge and pen does not contain medicine (vial)

http://www.healthsquare.com/drugs/73651.htm

Once opened, the vial may be stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C) in the carton to protect from light. Do not refrigerate the cartridge or pen anytime after you first use it. Once opened, store the cartridge or pen at room temperature below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C) in the carton to protect from light. Opened vials and cartridges/pens may be used for 42 days after first use if they have been stored in a clean, cool place and protected from light. Do not freeze. Discard the insulin if it has been frozen, if it is 42 days after first use, or if the insulin is past the expiration date. Consult your pharmacist about how to store your brand of insulin.

Protect insulin from light, heat, and moisture. Keep all medicines away from children and pets