I was taking oxycodone 30mg and am stopping, will Tramadol prevent withdrawls if I should get any?

christineATU 8 Jun 2010

There are a lot of misconceptions about Tramodol. It is addicting and it is an opiate. Many people said withdrawals from Tramodol were worse than other addictive medications. I copied this information for you:

"Ultracet is used to treat moderate to severe pain for a period of five days or less. It contains two pain-relieving agents. Tramadol, known technically as an opioid analgesic, is a narcotic pain reliever. Acetaminophen is the active ingredient in the over-the-counter pain remedy Tylenol."

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/ultracet.html

If you care to provide more details, maybe I can make some suggestions for you. How long have you been taking the oxy's? How many per day? There are medications and "home remedies" that can help you get through withdrawals.

Good luck to you,
Chris

IhearttheOcean 8 Jun 2010

Actually I used that for a little while. It did help a lot for my withdrawls but it still didnt do enough for me so I eventually went with Suboxone but it definitely did help more than anything else I tried before that.

christineATU 8 Jun 2010

Glad to hear you're on the suboxone. The tramodol worked for you (somewhat) because it's another opiate. I hope you find much success in your treatment.

Best wishes,
Chris

IhearttheOcean 8 Jun 2010

Thanks! Yes its amazing how much it helped me. Suboxone really is like a miracle drug for people who are addicted to opiates. Ive tried a lot of different things over the years and nothing really worked. Some helped but nothing ever really worked for me.With Suboxone it feels like I was never addicted in the first place.