I was just perscribed Hydroxyz HCI 25 mg for Anxiety. Will this show up on a drug test?

Anonymous 24 Jul 2010

Why would you be taking a mild tranquilliser?
God loves
Bucky 1

Twotimesdixie 25 Jul 2010

Thank you for asking! I was in a very bad accident in 2001 that required all kinds of therapy for me and I am just now getting to the point that I am functional all by myself. I again, thank you for your interest! I have PTSD and no matter how many years have gone by I have horrible problems sleeping and we have tried almost everything. Most of the times it just feels like I have to just run until I am on complete empty and my little body crashes all on it's own. My family is very supportive! I do not like taking medications for this and that and I really don't like the fact that some doctors do the trial and error method because that makes me feel like a test lab rat! I have pulled myself off of everything I could and been proud of it!! THere have been things that I have had to stay on, but the things that I were able to cut out I did!

christineATU 25 Jul 2010

Hydroxyzine Suspension is used for:

Treating anxiety, causing sedation before and after general anesthesia, and treating itching due to certain allergic conditions, including hives and contact dermatitis (eg, poison ivy). It also may be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Hydroxyzine Suspension is an antihistamine. It works by affecting the brain to reduce anxiety. It also has other activities, including opening breathing tubes, relieving pain or allergy symptoms, and preventing or treating nausea and vomiting caused by motion sickness.

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/hydroxyzine-suspension.html#ixzz0ueRWR0LG

I apologize if I have the wrong drug. But this is the only info I could find. I will come back shortly with some more info...

Twotimesdixie 25 Jul 2010

No, you have found exactly what I have found and I appreciate it all very much! I was so confused!! I have been on so many things for anxiety! I was in a boating wreck in 2001 that was catastrophic and caused a lot of damage! There was so much mental and emotional damage that it still gets to me! I suffer from PTSD severly so I have bad problems sleeping! Night times are always the hardest!

As I am explaining to everyone, my employer has been so great through all of this, but I just hate to go to him once again with another medication that could possibly show up on a drug test. The problem wouldn't be such an issue, but our company isn't local so the test are sent out of town to the home office making it harder to explain even with the perscription! My main issue is if it will show up on a drug test!

Anonymous 25 Jul 2010

My best guess would be that Hydroxyz HCI will show on drug test.
It is a mind alternating drug, these show up on drug test.
Gods love is always
Bucky 1

christineATU 25 Jul 2010

Bucky. my muscle man, this drug is an antihistamine and is not even a controlled substance or an illegal street drug. Even anti depressants can alter your mind, but that doesn't make them illegal or show positive on a UA. We are friends, can we agree to disagree?