I took 2 naproxen 500mg for my back pain but no results. Can I take 1 Cymbalta 30mg?

DzooBaby 5 Jul 2011

Cymbalta does not work as an as needed medication. It works after taking it for weeks. One dose of Cymbalta will not make any great difference on your pain.

DzooBaby 6 Jul 2011

You might want to ask for a muscle relaxant to take with the Naprosyn. A lot of back pain is due to spasms. Naprosyn is an anti-inflammatory. Perhaps your Dr would be willing to prescribe some Flexeril, Tizanidine, Skelaxin or Soma. If you do take a muscle relaxant be aware they can make you very sleepy so dont take at times when you need to be alert until you see how you react to them.

sherri huff 6 Jul 2011

I also have severe back pain due to fibromyalgia, and I was told to take 500mg twice a day, I have found that if i take 700mg at a time it relieves some of my pain.