My 18 year old has sever mood swings from happy to sad. Exctied to unworthy and unloved, she disappears for days and don't want to interact with others she locks herself away, then the next hour she is bubbling and full of life, we drug tested her it came back negative. But she'll go from laughing on minute to scream and crying the next, could she be bi-polar?
She has seen several therapist but she gives them this sob story and so they think she had a difficult childhood, but she hasn't her father and I got divorced and her step mother was a witch but, she has always been the princess the only girl in her fathers family for 50yrs. She is spoiled but this mood swing goes so much future then her trying to get her own way. I am afreaid she is gonna hurt herself because she puts herself in dangerous situations when taking off for days and the people she thinks are friends. She is very talented, she goes to the Art Institute of NY, she got invited to apply at the age of 16, besides her art she sings plays piano and is beautiful she won Jr Miss Tennesse. I don't know how to help her. Any suggestions?