I have awful anxiety and really over the top, easily changing emotions and mood swings. Through my college I've been seeing a councillor for over a year and they tried to make me see a nurse, however, we did not get on and I was too scared to see her again. I'm tired of getting no where with my councillor as it ends up with me bringing up things from the week that have upset me/caused worry and it makes it start all over again and I get in terrible situations and moods where I just can't do anything but wallow in self pity. I need to see a GP but I don't know what qualifies a person for medication?