I take oxcarbazepne 300mg x2 and zolt 100mg x1 is this safe?

Marvell 24 Jan 2011

I'm assuming you mean "Zoloft".

Oxcarbazepine and Zoloft can be taken together but with caution and you will need to be monitored, as there is potential for an interaction.

Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1765-0,2057-1348

caringsonbj 24 Jan 2011

they should be all right but let me tell you they have side effects that could be made worse using the two if you note any things that are unusual please discuss this with your doctor, and it may be in your best interest to talk with him about this especially if you are on other medication as well I like to give answers and not have to go that route but when it comes to you being safe I would rather have you talk with him after all he is the prescriber and he has the knowledge to know if there are impending problems from these pyour condition or any other medications that you may be on please take care