There's really only 4 possibilities.
1) The medication you take really isn't Lortab. Always double check the pills when you bring them home from the pharmacy.
2) You have a very fast metabolism and the test cut off level isn't picking up on the metabolites in your system.
3) The testing facility is using outdated chemicals/reagents. Some of the chemicals they use have an expiration date.
4) Human error in the lab.
If there's a possibility of the doctor discontinuing these meds because of the negative result, request to have a new test but also request they send it to a different lab. Ameritox is very reputable. Try to take the medication about 1-2 hours before testing. If possible, try to give the first urine in the morning too.
- Lortab Information for Consumers
- Lortab Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lortab (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 25 Feb 2010 • 3 answers
Posted 14 May 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Jul 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 28 Oct 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 1 Jun 2013 • 4 answers