I take Artridol for arthritis are there side effects,it containes steroids?

silmarien 5 Sep 2011

I can't find any information about Artidol from a credible source, other than other drug forums. It appears it is only manufactured in Mexico, though I could be wrong.

If this drug is indeed a steroid, then yes, it can cause side-effects. Some people do not experience any, but others do. It depends on the person. Steroids such as Prednisone and Medrol, do indeed cause side-effects in many people.

Here is a list of side-effects of Medrol.
Methylprednisolone may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

upset stomach

stomach irritation

vomiting

headache

dizziness

insomnia

restlessness

depression

anxiety

acne

increased hair growth

easy bruising

irregular or absent menstrual periods

If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

skin rash

swollen face, lower legs, or ankles

vision problems

cold or infection that lasts a long time

muscle weakness

black or tarry stool

I have no idea if Artisol is in the same class of medications as Prednisone and Medrol, but I don't have much information to go on. If you are getting this through a doctor's prescription, I would ask his/her advice. If you're importing it from Mexico... I'd recommend NOT taking it, since it could be fake, have other unknown drugs mixed with it, and generally unsafe.

ivaldez0623 8 Sep 2011

Hi, my dad took Artidol for about 15 years--he passed away when he was 76. He had severe RA and was medically disabled when he was 58 years old. This medication was the only thing that brought him any type of relief. It reduced the swelling, so that he was able to grasp and have any strength in his hands.
I once asked his doc about this medication and he said that he DID NOT recommend the medication because it contained 1 muscle relaxer and 2 anti-inflammatory meds in one capsule. He said that it would be too rough on my dad's liver and stomach--but it greatly increased my dad's quality of life, until the last few months.

silmarien 8 Sep 2011

Everyone is different, as I've mentioned. I'm glad that your dad got relief from it. I have no way of knowing if the medication contributed to his death, but if the doctor strongly recommended against it, I'd follow that advice.

Just IMHO.

kathyrussell61 18 Mar 2013

I have used artridol on and off for 10 years. For the past year, I take 1 capsule a day. Without it, I can't get around without pain. I have gained lots of weight and I do contribute that to Artridol. Doctors tell me not to use it but what they suggest for me is far worse than Artridol, plus no kick backs for them since it's only made in Mexico. Then again so many of our drugs are. In my opinion, it's a miracle drug. The lady that gave me my first pill lived to be in her nineties. They don't have it in America because it works and it's cheap. Of course, that's my opinion.

aguila76 5 May 2015

You won't find any scientific data on this drug combo because none has ever been conducted. Each drug has been amply tested for decades, but it is only in Mexico that pharmaceutical concocted to mix three potent pain/swelling drugs together. Having an active lifestyle, for me it's the addition of Betamethasone which is more troubling due to it muscle weakening effect--- that kind of defeats the possibility of rehab and makes you prone to more injury/pain. Of the three, only Indomethacin (anti-inflammatory) is meant for prolonged use.