I take 400 mg of provigil and I am not on birth control will I get pregnant?

legallyred 2 Mar 2011

Provigil is not a form of birth control, so your chances of getting pregnant are likely to be exactly the same. That being said, using Provigil while pregnant may or may not be harmful to the developing fetus. If you are concerned about this, you may want to talk to your doctor about the risks. I did get pregnant while on 400 mg of Provigil and continued to need the medicine throughout pregnancy. My baby was born 9 weeks early with a slightly enlarged heart. Whether this was due to the medicine or not is unknown since I have had two previous premature deliveries. My daughter's heart rectified fairly quickly and had no visible problems by the time she was six-months old. She is now a happy, healthy six-year-old.