I suffer from chron's disease (made 2 surgeries) since 1995 and since then take pantasa 500 mg (6 tablets / day) what are the side effeects
Is Pantasa - Pentasa?
Side effects of Pentasa: The the most common Pentasa side effects included:
* Diarrhea -- in up to 3.5% of people; * Nausea -- in up to 3.1%.
Serious Side Effects
Some side effects with Pentasa, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to the doc/pharmacist. These include but are not limited to:
Worsening of ulcerative colitis symptoms; Depression; Signs of liver ; problems, such as:
Yellow eyes or skin (jaundice); Dark urine; Upper-right abdominal pain (stomach pain).
* Decreased urination; * Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
Unexplained rash; Hives; Itching; Unexplained swelling; Wheezing; Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Rare Pentasa Side Effects
Some reported side effects are so rare that it is difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by Pentasa or something else.
These reactions include but are not limited to:
* Loss of appetite; * Thrush; * Acne; * Hair loss; * Dry skin; * Sensitivity to the sun; * Increased sweating; * Insomnia; * Drowsiness; * Dizziness;
* Conjunctivitis ("pink eye").
However, for more details, please seek medical attention from the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med, take care, best of luck!
- Pentasa Information for Consumers
- Pentasa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Pentasa (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 15 Apr 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 11 Jul 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 15 Dec 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 18 Nov 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 26 Sep 2014 • 1 answer