I suffer from adhd anxiety and depression, what medication is best for that?

Anonymous 25 Jun 2010

It is very hard to determine just like that, there ar many new generation meds availanle for your conditions. What may work for me might not be right for you at all.

I strongly recommend you seek medical advise... psychiatrist to get you on the right meds.

And do not take anything anybody tells you before you see a doctor, as we say, you need a "Combo" ( not just one med but a few... and it will take sometime to find the right ones for you) It took me a long time to find mine.
Here Ill give you a list of what I remember (got very bad memoty)

jblt83 25 Jun 2010

I have been diagnosed with all three of the same conditions. I think they are caused by the same imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain. I am being treated with an SSRI (Lexapro) for the depression/anxiety and an amphetamine (Vyvanse) for the ADHD. You may want to talk with your doctor about just starting on an SNRI (serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitory). From research, it looks like these two brain chemicals if out of balance can contribute to causing depression and ADHD. From there its just a matter of figuring out which neurotransmitter is more defficient where additional medications or adjustments may need to be made. Hope this helps some as a start. Has your doctor already prescribed you anything to start treating any of these conditions?

cheersrichard 27 Jun 2010

Ive had cronic anxiety, major dep, ptsd and sometimes its hard to identiify what the horrible torturing feeling is hey. I now have the bipolar diagnosis.This was after doing a course Peer Mentoring were all different metal illness were there with a variety of people, I never coulsd get the medication right, tried every anti depressantb on the market but because i was self medicating with alchol none of them worked, my anxiety got worse then i went on benzos, then worse and worse. What im trying to say is if i had actually identified the PROBLEM in the first place i would have found the treatment quicker like i almost have now, im in difficult circumstances so naturally i will struggle but if i got the right diagnosis in the first place which looking back over my life its clear as day, i may have had a much more comfortable life.

pfcpremosgirl 28 Jun 2010

Adult ADD is tricky... drs do NOT like giving stimulants to adults. Strattera is a newer drug used for adult ADD... I need something BADLY. I cannot hold a job, and my ADD is affecting my family life. My anxiety is being treated with AS NEEDED Ativan. It is very strong, not for everyday use unless directed to do so. Because of tramadol for fibromyalgia, I cannot take SSRI's. Keep at it, and YOU WILL find a combo that works, just be patient... best wishes!