I struggle with extreme fatigue, depression, & obsessive thinking. Can Adderal help?

LaurieShay 30 Jul 2011

Hey kstewart,

Aderall is more for attention deficit problems and hyperactivity. You might benefit better from an antidepressant such as Prozac or Zoloft. Many antidepressants help with your symptoms. Have you ever tried one of these?

I too struggle with extreme fatigue and depression. I take two antidepressants. I have for years with great success. I recommend you discuss these options with your doctor.

Best wishes,

Laurie

HPoole 2 Aug 2011

I agree with LaurieShay about not going to the extremes of adderall and plus, i don't think it would accomlish the results you're looking for. I too recommend an anti-depressant at least. I would reccomend prozac or pristiq to start with and maybe even add in a mild mood stabilizer like lamictal or geodon for the racing thoughts. this is my suggestion. adderall will not help anything unless you truly have adhd.