After lunch I had a bowel movement which was kind of loose and then I saw the orange 20 mg tablet fully intact in my stool. I put on some latex gloves and pulled the tablet out of my stool (gross). The tablet was soft on the outside and was "powdery" on the inside. If the intact tablet is in my stool, how can it be effective if I am just flushing the Viibryd down the toilet. Please help. I need an antidepressant that works. Thank you.
Okay, this could be 1 of 2 things.
1. Since you had a loose bowel movement things in your system were moving through faster than usual and that rested in the tablet you found in your stool
2. If you are taking an extended-release or slow-release version of the medication, it is not unusual for the outside of the tablet to pass all the way through your system and into your stool. The medication inside the tablet does get out of it and into your system.
If you find that this happens again, give your pharmacist a call to confirm if this is normal or not for your medication.
- Viibryd Information for Consumers
- Viibryd Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Viibryd (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 10 Feb 2012 • 7 answers
I started Viibryd 3 weeks ago, I have sulfur smelling diaherra, I wake up clentching my teeth my jaw
Posted 23 Aug 2012 • 3 answers
Posted 21 Mar 2013 • 5 answers
Posted 23 Jul 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 31 Jul 2017 • 0 answers