I started having pain in both my thumbs since I started taking Fosamax. What could be the cause?

Marvell 6 Jan 2011

The pain is very likely due to Fosamax. Bone, muscle and joint pain are known side effects of Fosamax. If it is really bothersome please see your doctor.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/fosamax-side-effects.html

teresacay 12 Jan 2011

I don't know the cause, but I'm suffering from 2 very painful thumbs after 2 weekly doses of Fosamax. It has to be the Fosamax. Last week, my pain subsided as the week went on. I took another weekly dose yesterday, and awoke with extremely painful thumbs again. I'm even having trouble grasping a cup. I know I had a little arthritis in my hands before, but the pain was nothing like this before I started taking Fosamax. I'm hoping that as I get used to the drug, this symptom will go away. . .