I no longer have the insurance assistance to get suboxone how long do withdrawls last?

Anonymous 2 Dec 2011

Dear Anna, welcome to the site. Even tho you don't have insurance now, you have another option possibly. Subutex, the sister med to suboxone has a generic that is much cheaper. It has the bupenorphine, just not the nalooxone and it works the same. I really hope you will check into getting it rather than trying to jump off subs, a slow taper, even on subutex, can get you off with little to NO withdrawal. You didn't list how long you have been on it, or how high a dose or how long you were on your previous opiate, but if you are on a dose of more than 2 mgs daily and you try to jump off without tapering, you may have withdrawal for a couple of weeks to a couple of months. You could also pay cash for your meds and dr visit, you may have to find a cheaper dr, and you can also ask the pharmacy if they will split your rx into several smaller partial refills. If you would like to add the info I asked for, hit comment and I will try to answer more in the morning. Hang in there, hope is not lost. Patti

Anonymous 2 Dec 2011

Yes anna patty is right I to am facing this situation soon I am currently on the 2mg strips but my doc told me when I lose my insurance that he would prescripe the generic subutex and he said they ran about 3$ per 8mg pill I wouldn't just jump off try this option first if you can good luck