Some important info:
1) Eggs hatch in 3-5 days ( some authors say rarely up to 8 days).
2) The Eggs are tough to kill. Permethtrin and Lindane is supposed to kill them, but it is easy to miss some. There is some talk about variants that are developing resitance to permethrin.
3) Hatchlings reach adulthood in 14 days ( there may be some variation, depending on temperature probably no less than 10 days)
IMHO the surest treatment is 2 doses of Stromectol, 200 mcg per body kilogram, taken 10 days apart.
The rationale for this:
Assuming there is no reinfection, the first dose kills any live mites. It does not miss any in your skin, because it gets into your blood and tissues. everywhere. It is probably a good idea to take some nice long salt baths, or use your favorite topical at the same time to kill any immature mites that live on your skin, and not yet burrowed in.
Hope things get better
- Stromectol Information for Consumers
- Stromectol Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Stromectol (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 8 Oct 2009 • 2 answers
Stromectol - I have a few symtoms of scabies. One doctor diagnosed me with them and when I went for?
Posted 27 Apr 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 24 Aug 2012 • 2 answers
Stromectol - I dont have scabbies, but my job is giving every employee 1 dose if u want it, because?
Posted 28 Jul 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 11 Apr 2015 • 1 answer