I have to stop taking lipitor and plavix, is cold turkey the best?

itsmetoo2 15 Dec 2009

These two are very, very important drugs. Are you going to drop these pills? Or is it your doctor? If you really need the plavix, you realize that if you have the problem for which Plavix is suppose to help, you could die for not taking this drug. It is used to thin the blood and prevent clots to the brain , lungs, heart and other organs. Lipitor is a serious drug too. If it is a financial problem let us know and we would be more than happy to show you ways to afford them.

studioe109 15 Dec 2009

I have tried some of the assistance programs, they all require that I have a doctor. I do not have one, these were from a hospital stay. I do not have insurance and do not have the means to continue these drugs. The other 2 drugs they have me on are affordable, but these two (lipitor and plavix) cost way to much for me.

studioe109 15 Dec 2009

I would love some help, if there is some available, Thank you!

itsmetoo2 15 Dec 2009

Call the social worker at the hospital. The should be able to help you. Let me know how this works out.

itsmetoo2 15 Dec 2009

Did you call the physician that treated you at the hospital?

itsmetoo2 15 Dec 2009

I have some more ideas, bbut will reserve them till you get back to me with what the social services and physicians have to say.

studioe109 15 Dec 2009

I appreciate your kind concern and willingness to help, the (private) hospital was out of town ( I was helping my sister move) and they have not been helpful. I have desparately looked and applied for help since October and consistently been turned down for everything, Getting off these meds is not my first choice it is my only choice. I have about a weeks worth, so if weaning is a better way to go, I should know now. Thank you!

itsmetoo2 15 Dec 2009

Please contact me off board as I would like to talk to you. I help people in any way I can to get the best health care, even without insurance. Itsmetoo@earthlink.net
Happy Holidays

zenman 3 Jan 2010

I live in Thailand. I was on Lipitor (expwensive) I heard about Zimmex and asked my Heart Dr, he said ... Okay. cheap. dont know if u can get in USA.