I have SLE Lupus and have been given Plasmoquin by my rhemumatologist What is it for?

Rajive Goel 12 Sep 2011

Plasmoquine capsules contain 200 mg chloroquine sulphate monohydrate which is equivalent to 146,7 mg chloroquine base.

Its an anti-malarial med, sometimes used to treat SLE Lupus, hope the info helps? Take care, be well, please.

Best wishes!

suzanne66 13 Sep 2011

Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that occurs when your body's immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. Inflammation caused by lupus can affect many different body systems, including your joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, heart and lungs.
Treatment for lupus depends on your signs and symptoms.
Plasmoquin (Chloroquine) is an antimalarial drug. Although there's no known relationship between lupus and malaria, these medications have proved useful in treating signs and symptoms of lupus. Antimalarials may also prevent flares of the disease.
https://www.drugs.com/enc/systemic-lupus-erythematosus.html

litlmommag 13 Sep 2011

Thank you goel and suzzanna I don't know if it helps lynnjoy but was helpful for me my sister has lupas so I like to read the info thank you