I have never have any energy what so ever!! what can I do to feel alive?

DzooBaby 2 Jan 2012

Start with an appt with your primary care Dr to see if there is a medical reason for your lack of energy. Rule out things like thyroid deficiency or other hormone deficiencies etc. You may also take a depression screen to see if depression is an issue. Depression can sap energy levels. Be sure that you are eating a well balanced diet and take a good multivitamin to be sure you have no nutritional deficiencies. Drink plenty of water. Exercising daily can help too. I know that it is difficult to exercise when you lack energy and motivation but exercise creates endorphins which are the body's natural "feel good" chemicals. Stay away from artificial sources of energy-caffeine, stimulants etc. These will just give you a brief boost and make you feel worse when they wear off. If there are no medical reasons for your energy lag, then eating right, exercise and getting 7-8 hours sleep at night should soon have you to rights. Good luck!