I have high blood pleasure it is safe to take cymbalta.?

Anonymous 23 Oct 2011

Hello germania. I'd have to say yes it is. But I'm not a doctor so you might to ask your doctor or pharmacist to confirm or ask thier opinion. Best wishes to you.

LaurieShay 23 Oct 2011

Hey germania,

It is possible for Cymbalta to increase blood pressure. It should be monitored when starting this medication until you see how you respond. Your doctor is the best to advise how to handle this. The literature points out the following:

Cardiovascular

Cardiovascular side effects have been reported including increases in blood pressure averaging 2 mm Hg systolic and 0.5 mm Hg diastolic, an increase in the incidence of at least on measurement of systolic blood pressure over 140 mm Hg, and an increase in heart rate of approximately 2 beats per minute. Palpitations (2%) have been reported. Peripheral edema and phlebitis have been reported infrequently. A case of tachycardia has also been reported. Hypertensive crisis and supraventricular arrhythmia have been reported.

So though rare and relatively minimal it is possible. I think it is safe as long as you monitor your blood pressure while starting this medication.

Laurie

https://www.drugs.com/answers/468848/reply/