I have copd can I take oxycodone/apap 5mg-500mg?

Lil Stevie 29 Jun 2010

I am not a Doctor (thank the lord) but because it works on the CNS (central nervous system) . I know that if you read the prescribing info it cautions people with COPD and sleep apnea. You definatly want to have a chat with your prescriber. If this is something you are going to be taking long term you really should ask him/her for something that isnt loaded down with asprin or it's equivalent. All of these types are available w/o the added asprin.
BTW I just looked at the prescribing info and the very first line of "things I should dicuss with my Doc
:asthma, COPD, sleep apnea, or other breathing disorders;

Read more:
So the short answer not the best choice. If it is something you found in your medicine cabinet and you are talking about taking one every now and then, I can't tell you it's ok but if you asked me if I would my answer if I was in pain and I had a percocett it would be quaffed down in a second!! But of course I can't tell you that. :)