It worked once.
There are several different classes of drugs which work in different ways to help reduce spasms and pain.
No one treatment has been found universally effective.
1. Drugs which reduces the level of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine include
trihexyphenidyl, benztropine, and procyclidine HCl.
2.GABA-regulating drugs include the muscle relaxants diazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, and baclofen.
3. Drugs which increase dopamine effects include levodopa/carbidopa and bromocriptine.
4.Anticonvulsants including carbamazepine
For more information see:
- Botox Information for Consumers
- Botox Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Botox (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 31 Oct 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 15 Jan 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 1 Feb 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 26 Feb 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 4 Mar 2015 • 1 answer