Ever since March of this year I have been having terrible stomach and chest pains... was finally diagnosed with esophagitis and erosive gastritis... doc thought it was related to stress... So i upped my Lexapro to 20 mg after being on it at 10 mgs for years and years... I also started taking Clonopin .5 or 1 mg because my stomach issues made me so upset.

Well, here it is Sept and the dr thinks that I have "worn out the usefulness" of Lexapro so he put me on Doxepin..I started by taking 10 mg of Lexapro and 25 of Doxepin for 3 nights... I was exhausted and sleepy for those 3 days. Then I took just Doxepin for the past 2 nights and I am a disaster. Shock feelings through my hands or feet, slightest noise makes me feel shocked, indigestion of the highest magnitude... Also through this my tongue has felt all weird and metallic. My doc on Friday said it was Doxepin
side effects. Woke up this morning feeling like absolute hell and called the on call doc who said it was Lexapro withdrawal and to stop taking Doxepin AND lexapro and call my doc on Monday about what to do. In the meantime, he said to take Clonopin to relax... So, which is it ? I dont want to take any of these meds anymore... Scared and a mess...