I have all the things that call for xanax, leaving house, people after me, how do I explain to doc?

grey_cypress 16 Apr 2010

Well, no offense, but dont ask HIM the way you posted your question. Im not totally sure what you mean. you want to be put on xanax for paranoia and dont know how to ask your doctor about it? If thats the case just tell him the truth and hell probably believe you, however just cause he believes what youre saying doesnt mean youre going to get xanax. S/he may not think it will help paranoia, they may try some other benzo, an anti-psych, or maybe even an antidepressant.

but from what you are describing (and im not professional, this is just deductive reasoning) you dont have a PANIC disorder, rather, its seems more like paranoia, which is considered a personality disorder. Xanax isnt used for personality disorders usually.

you definitely should see your doctor asap about this, good luck