I had right ear ringing for several hours. Is this a side effect of Bystolic?

mowood9970 23 Oct 2011

Yes. Ringing in the ears has been reported, but most commonly only occurs in the first month of taking it. According to an article I recently read, the ringing in the ears subsides and then dissapears completely gradually after the first month. I hope this is helpful.

Ren59 24 Nov 2011

I too have ringing ears (called tinnitus) since starting on Bystolic 3 months ago. 2.5 mg. twice per day for AFIB. Although I had some tinnitus before starting my regimine with Bystolic, the ringing has definitely increased in intensity. I try to ignore the ringing, but as you have experienced it is disconcerting. See an audiologist for a hearing test and let your doctor know about your ringing ears. He or she may adjust your dose. Hopefully that will help. Good luck!