I had a severe vicodin addiction. I have been clean for 2 years. Is this safe for me?

Anonymous 11 Jul 2011

Hi
If you are asking if taking vicodin is safe for you, you KNOW the answer to that question, don't you?
You will be right back where you were before, if you start taking opiates again.

Best wishes and stay off the junk!!!

ARTIST658 12 Jul 2011

I don't know if you are asking if vicodan is safe for you? Or if you are now "safe" from addiction? The answer to either of these questions is "no." When you hear the expression, "once an addict, always an addict" - this is what is being said. Once we are addicted to a drug, we can no longer take any mood-altering, addictive drug in safety. This is an especially difficult concept for those addicted to prescription narcotics, like myself. We want to believe that we can take a narcotic painkiller when it is actually needed, just like anyone else. Society leads us to believe we're entitled to pain relief when we are in legitimate pain; after all, it comes with an MD's 'seal of approval.' But to our addictive chemistry and nature, there is no safe use of narcotics, once we are addicted. God bless.