I can take about 80mg of oxycodone a day, will it be safe to wear a 50mcg fentanyl patch?

mpvt 12 Sep 2009

If your doctor knows and ordered it for you then I guess it's ok. The derma patch is really for terminal cases. It can really play havoc with your mind though. It doesn't make sense to take 2 sustained release opiates and you do run the risk of respitory failure when you're sleeping. So I have to say this is not a wise move... Dave

loopi1anker2q.com 25 Oct 2009

I take oxycodone with 50 mcgs og fentanyl. U may not need to take your oxycocdone until U have a breakthrough between switching patches. I take two a day which is 30 since my neck and back are still killing me. My dr told me to take an oxycodone when I need one until I see him again to up my dose on the patch. He will still give me oxycodone but not as many. For now he still gave me my original refill . I was taking 6 or 7 oxys a day. @15 mgs The fentanyl patch is working but my neck is still killing me. He will have to up my dose. Neck pain is the worse pain I have ever endured.