I am taking biaxin my blood pressure went up I stopped can the med still work?

robo 21 Sep 2009

Sorry, I am not quite sure I understand the question.

If you stopped taking the Biaxin, it won't work.

sunvalleygirl 27 Feb 2011

NO, the medication will not work if you have stopped taking it. Generally if you are taking meds orally you need to finish the entire prescription, even if you begin to feel better after a couple doses. If you are recieving the medication via IV then it is a bit different however, you would still need to complete your entire prescription set out by your doctor to prevent recurring infection. It takes about 2 days for the medication to build up in your system if you are taking it orally and that is why people begin to feel a bit better after 2 days and many people stop taking the meds when they feel better but by doing that you just risk the infection coming back. Finish your entire prescription and contact your medical doctor about any concerns with BP!