I am taking 3 30mg percocete daily and want to quit any answers?

kytteneyes 24 May 2010

Always ask your prescribing doctor to wean you off your meds so you don't have an withdrawal symptoms.

Anonymous 24 May 2010

Google the Thomas recipe opiate withdrawal and read the journal of Thomas. This will give you an idea of what will happen when you stop taking them. Weaning is supposedly the best way but most can NOT do it. You should also read up on suboxone and methadone. Methadone is a long acting opiate replacement for people who are going to have long term pain due to an injury, disease, or condition. Suboxone is also a long term opiate replacement for those who won't have real pain but want to stay off opiates. I can't tell you how much an addiction specialist will help, I don't think I could have done it without my counselor and group but look around to see what is available in your area. Good Luck.