I am on methadone should I be taking clonidine and methadone together?

Rajive Goel 13 Aug 2010

After having it checked on the Interactions Checker it was reported to be monitored:

Applies to: clonidine, methadone

MONITOR: Many psychotherapeutic and CNS-active agents (e.g., anxiolytics, sedatives, hypnotics, antidepressants, antipsychotics, opioids, alcohol, muscle relaxants) exhibit hypotensive effects, especially during initiation of therapy and dose escalation. Coadministration with antihypertensive agents, in particular vasodilators and alpha-blockers, may result in additive effects on blood pressure and orthostasis.

MANAGEMENT: Caution is advised during coadministration of these agents. Close monitoring for development of hypotension is recommended. Patients should be advised to avoid rising abruptly from a sitting or recumbent position and to notify their physician if they experience dizziness, lightheadedness, syncope, orthostasis, or tachycardia.

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=704-0,1578-0#ixzz0wUrLilnW

For more information please talk to the doc who prescribed the med, be well & safe!

Anonymous 13 Aug 2010

paulieo2486;
Yes and no. If you are tapering on the 'done, then yes. It should only be taken at night though as it will make you sleepy. It will also help with the shakes and jitters. It does lower your blood pressure, so don't overdo it. About .1 mg should do--that's point 1. If you are trying to detox, make sure you also have some immodium on hand as well. I am not a Dr., I just know what you're goin through-been there-done that. Good luck and hang in there. Julie