I am on lovastatin also plavix,levothyroxin,pepcid, and aspirin. do all these mix well?

Rajive Goel 30 Apr 2010

Iam on atorvastatin, clopidogrel, aspirin, ramipril, amlodippine, metapropolol - almost similar medications since the last 2 years, have been mixing well, however check it with you pharmacist/doc. Hope this helps, best of luck.

rachey 30 Apr 2010

These medications are all common, and are often prescribed together. I would say that yes, they mix well.

Remember to take the levothyroxine 1/2 -1 hour before breakfast, and lovastatin is actually the most effective if taken with an evening meal, so if its convenient, I would take it then.

Aspirin and plavix both thin the blood a little bit, so it is good to call your doctor if you see signs of bleeding, like red or black tar-like stools or red/brown vomit. Aspirin and plavix are prescribed together all the time without this happening, and you are on pepcid, which protects the stomach from bleeding, so this is unlikely to happen. It just always helps to know the signs!

Again, these meds are very common, and do mix well.